SAP HANA is designed to process structured data from relational databases, both SAP and non-SAP, and applications and other systems rapidly. It is capable of using three styles of data replication depending on the source of the data – log-based, ETL-based and trigger-based. The relocated structured data is stored directly in memory. Because of this, data can be accessed quickly in real time by the applications that use HANA.
SAP HANA supports various use cases for real-time analytics. Some examples include:
- Monitoring and optimization of telecommunications network
- Supply chain and retail optimization
- Fraud detection and security
- Forecasting and profitability reporting
- Energy use optimization and monitoring